Nonprofit Environmental GrantsIn 2017, our charitable investment in our communities totaled $16.8 million in grants, contributions, and sponsorships to help finance the efforts of nonprofit organizations. Of this total over $900,000 was awarded to environmental programs including programs with the following nonprofits:
- World Wildlife Fund: Scaling up best management practices among sugar cane farmers in Sao Paolo State, Brazil (wwf.org)
- Homeboy Industries: Solar panel training installation training and certification program, focusing on those that are formerly gang-involved and previously incarcerated (homeboyindustries.org)
- Grid Alternatives: An organization that brings together community partners, volunteers, and job trainees to implement solar power for low income families (gridalternatives.org)
- The Trust for Public Land: A national organization that conserves land for people to enjoy as parks, gardens, historic sites, rural lands, and other natural places (tpl.org)
- Center for Sustainable Energy: An organization dedicated to creating change for a clean energy future (energycenter.org)
- California Academy of Sciences: A multifaceted scientific institution committed to leading-edge research, to educational outreach, and to finding new and innovative ways to engage and inspire the public (calacademy.org)
For more information on the MUFG Union Bank Foundation grant process, click here.