Nonprofit Environmental GrantsIn 2014, the bank’s charitable investment in our communities totaled $13.7 million in grants, contributions, and sponsorships to help finance the efforts of nonprofit organizations within the bank’s marketplace. Of this total, $750,000 was awarded to environmental programs including the following nonprofits:
- Heal the Bay — an organization dedicated to making Southern California’s coastal waters and watersheds safe, healthy, and clean (healthebay.org)
- The Trust for Public Land — a national organization that conserves land for people to enjoy as parks, gardens, historic sites, rural lands, and other natural places (tpl.org)
- Center for Sustainable Energy — an organization dedicated to creating change for a clean energy future (energycenter.org)
- California Academy of Sciences — a multifaceted scientific institution committed to leading-edge research, to educational outreach, and to finding new and innovative ways to engage and inspire the public (calacademy.org)
- Woodland Park Zoological Society — a zoological garden located in the Seattle area that saves animals and their habitats through conservation leadership and engaging experiences, inspiring people to learn, care and act (zoo.org)
For more information on the Union Bank Foundation grant process, click here.