Diversity & Inclusion
Diversity & Inclusion is a business imperative and strength for Union Bank. It is part of who we are and everything we do, from recruiting and engaging our employees to selecting vendors and reaching out to our customers. Our commitment to diversity is recognized as among strongest in the nation, as is evident by the composition of our Board of Directors, which includes over 55 percent minorities and women.
Our Diversity Vision
We will further strengthen our position as a diversity leader across our broad base of stakeholders. Union Bank will, across everything we do, reflect the diversity of the population with whom we do business. Our shareholder, employees, clients, vendors, and the communities we serve will, in turn, recognize Union Bank for our leadership and reward us for it.
Our workforce reflects the diverse communities we serve:
- We are comprised of around 60 percent women
- Our workforce consists of over 54 percent people of color at all levels
- Over 55 percent of our senior leaders are women or people of color
To promote our commitment to diversity and inclusion among employees, customers, and service providers, we have established:
- Two diversity councils comprised of heads of business units and senior managers across the bank
- Engage employees at all levels in programs and initiatives
We are located in diverse markets to serve all communities. We are focused on meeting the specific needs of our broad customer base, and we have done the following:
- Formed multiple business groups to cultivate relationships and business
- Committed two percent of our net profit from the previous year to worthwhile charitable causes in the communities we serve